Friday, July 10, 2009

Fun Fact Friday

Well, Tales of the Cocktail is going on in New Orleans and The Gambit just printed their 50 Best Bars of New Orleans edition, so I'm going to go with the theme and make this FFF the Bar Edition.

  1. I started going to bars when I was fifteen. I was pretty clueless--I wasn't there to drink--I just wanted to play pool. Didn't occur to me that what I was doing was illegal.
  2. My husband started going to bars when he was two. He'd go after his dad's rugby games. He remembers being frustrated because the dart board was so high up.
  3. When I turned eighteen I started going to this Country and Western bar to dance. My friends who were still seventeen would have to sneak in.
  4. The first time I went out in New Orleans I went to Fat Harry's. It's been there forever and still is.
  5. I drank a Malibu and Seven Up.
  6. Fat Harry's is also the only bar I've ever stayed at all night. Like til the sun came up.
  7. Being from New Orleans, I taught most of my friends how to open a tab and tip properly.
  8. Also being from New Orleans, I spent a lot of nights physically dragging my friends out of bars.
  9. I've never been thrown out of a bar, but a lot of my friends have.
  10. In Texas we used to go to bar that let you bring your own alcohol. They sold beer and mixers, but that was it.
  11. It did cost five dollars to get in, though.
  12. People from New Orleans generally hate cover charges.

Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy a cocktail if that's your thing!