Saturday, February 16, 2008

Mini Post--Elephants on Parade

What She Wore: Yellow polo with purple stripes; blue jeans; tennis shoes. You know, I need to make a little more effort. I just feel kind of blah these days.


What She Ate: House salad and lasagna from a place called Bosco's. They've only got eight tables in the place and it's always packed, so you know it's good. The servings are so big you could easily split something and be fine.


I made some small changes to the entryway. The secretary had a glass case that had nothing in it. It looked a bit empty and the Hub and I didn't really know what to put in it. I once collected elephants (a long time ago), and the Hub has a few of his own, so I put the best of our collections in the case. Here's a picture:




I'll tell you a little bit about the guys inside:

These two fellers were gifts from my grandmother who's now passed away. She was a pretty amazing woman--a blog in and of itself--and I keep them around strictly for sentimental reasons. I don't know where they came from or anything else. . .













The wooden one here is another of my husband's artifacts from Kenya. The little one peeking out is a souvenir I picked up in Mexico. To the right, out of the picture, is a glass elephant-shaped perfume bottle that my huband picked up in Qatar--in my favorite colors: red, yellow, and blue.






Finally, we have the little white guy in the corner. He is part of a set--salt and pepper shakers that I bought in a gas station while on a trip to Tuscaloosa, Alabama, to see LSU play Bama. LSU won, someone drank BBQ sauce (accidentally), and someone else fell on their face. One of these guys didn't make it through college, but here's the survivor. Friends of mine might also report an incident where a certain someone was driving without her lights, but I would deny it strenuously.