Friday, January 25, 2008

Day Seven (of Twenty-Eight)

What She Wore: jeans; tennis shoes; gray LSU hoodie.

Well, we've survived exactly one week of house arrest. We do really exciting things like cruise the neighborhood in our stroller (no germy people around), ride in the car with no destination, kick our play mat, and tummy time. This is the life.

I'm kidding, but I haven't gone nuts yet, and that's a good sign.

Meanwhile, the strike continues. We are just B-A-R-E-L-Y getting enough liquids, so I did what any good mom with too much time on her hands and Internet access does--I googled Charlie's new medicine. One of the side-effects? Upset stomach. He's been really burpy (I'm not sure that's a word) too, so I've put in a call and maybe we'll be getting some zantac or something. While I wait, we've been experimenting with various cups.

I've taken to just squirting his medicine in his mouth. He doesn't really mind the taste--the pharmacy makes everything for kids taste like sugar and cherries. Not my favorite flavor, but way better than the actual taste.

Enjoy the weekend.

PS: After spell-checking this thing, I find that I like taking real words and tacking "y" or "ie" on the end to create made-up words. According to google, "burpy," "hoodie," and "germy" aren't words. You know what I meant, right?