Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Teacher Teacher

What She Wore: I basically spent the whole day in my pajamas. I'm going to have to change so I can go to the grocery store.

What She Ate: Leftover pizza from last night.

Well, Charlie's appointment with his Special Instructor was today. The appointment was at 9 a.m. I didn't think this would be a big problem because Charlie's been getting up at around 8:15. Well, I stayed up late last night reading about momo twins (fascinating, by the way), twins that share the same sac. One of my MIL's co-workers had twins like this that didn't make it. But I digress! So, I overslept due to my late-night internet wanderings and got up at 8:45! I brushed my hair and teeth, went to the bathroom, and then the doorbell rang. She was ten minutes early. Sheesh.

So. . . we had the meeting while we were still in our pajamas.

She was impressed with all that Charlie can do--holding his bottle, transferring things from one hand to another, and sitting with little assistance.

She's worked with lots of visually impaired kids before so she had a bunch of great ideas for that.

Immediately we are going to be working on the following: getting some toys off the floor, so he'll be tempted to play with them sitting up, and explaining auditory clues to him, so he knows what's going on. An example of this would be janging keys and telling him that we're leaving the house.

She was very business-like and I think she's going to do a lot of great things for Charlie.

Let's see if I can be dressed by the time she shows up next week!

Below, a photo-montage of feeding Charlie: